Friday, November 26, 2010

In fact, you don't even exist.

A quick acrylic painting, vehicle in marker rendering and a model sketch, quite happy with all of them.




Starting to feel the end of semester crunch, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it. I've been working on my flash animation final all day; might as well post my story board along with this post.


Pardon the incompleteness, but the punchline is supposed to be the smaller fish eating the character after he escapes. :) It's a really fun project, and although I have worked on animation projects before (and they were a bit longer than what this one will last) I believe doing this project contained a lot of interesting planning and organization to successfully get through it. Hope there's more in this field for me in the future.

Recently, I've been painting a lot.. But after attending an exposition, my friend Xin suggested I work on my values, as most of my paintings are not within a reasonable value range. He sent me a marble bust picture and I've been working on it on and off all week, and here's what I got so far.

Some shapes are off, but I was actually pretty impressed with myself in understanding the form and where the light falls. Will update further...

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Beautiful stuff, man! Very cool angle of the tank; beautiful treatment of the figure; the bust painting is excellent... The man-owl frightens me a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that model sketch. Also enjoyed the storyboard.
    Everything looks great!
    This blog looks very promising...Keep it up man!

    -Pabs

    ReplyDelete