Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who put pyros in my mouth?

end of semester killss but it's almost done so the laziness(physically) can begin!


here's a panel from the marker project we had to work on. it's my favorite, but ironically it's the one I put the least amount of time on. Kind of disappointed with the other ones. I mean russia was pretty cool. I might as well put that one on too.
But yep, markers are really really hard to use, and I applaud the work I've seen done on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for their absolutely gorgeous character illustrations done in marker. Honestly, I really don't understand how to properly use markers, and I think I'll put use to these 100+$ markers sometime soon to get a better understanding of them.


random sketch based off someone's character sketch :)
annd here's what I handed in for my photoshop project,
i'd like to fix a few things during the break, like some sort of action between the city and travelers. a crashed spaceship, and the foreigners look yonder to discover some sign of highly intelligent beings. But for now I think I'll leave it alone for a bit; been staring at rocks for too long. Also, there's a few surfaces that aren't exactly clear nor does the perspective make a shred of sense, but I tried :P

health update: pretty much healed, except for Monday morning where I almost puked on a woman next to me, but at this rate that seems pretty normal. Gotta watch what I'm gunna eat this holiday, yo.

3 comments:

  1. I think that you went a bit muddy in terms of plane separation in the foreground. Think of things overlapping each other, like layers of acetate. Look at this http://scribblepadstudios.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=26 and compare yours with a pro level piece.
    Other than that, it was a promising composition. The area around the city is a bit too symmetrical though (two almost identical slopes... you could paint some shape in the background to break that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks pretty good, you ended up flipping the final image?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I liked it better that way :P

    I took note of it Xin, and I'll try to fix it, thanks for pointing out

    ReplyDelete